Faucet Repair Tips And Techniques
For Faucet EMERGENCIES Call (847)624-3872
Faucets must be kept in a working condition because they are an inseparable part of the home and they are used almost everyday. However, faucets can be plagued by various problems such as leakages or making some noise. Therefore, faucet repair is a vital part
of every home. A leaking faucet is a very common plumbing problem and one of the easiest problems to fix. Ignoring a faulty faucet only worsens the problem over time and may become very frustrating in the long run.
Steps for faucet repair
• Incase there is any leakage you need to shut the water supply completely before removing the faucet. The water supply can be shut by shutting the main valve of the home or the valve in the sink. After that, it is important top ensure that the air pressure is released and the water remaining in the water line is drained completely. This will help save the water that could have been wasted due to the leakage.
• After all the water has been drained, you can start dissembling the faucet parts.
• Open the lever very carefully and remove any fragments from the faucet.
• Examine the washer for damage and replace it with a new one. You can also replace screws in case they are damaged or too old. Always ensure that you buy screws that are of good quality in order to ensure that they will be durable.
• Use lubricants like grease to lubricate the thread. This will help you get rid of noises made by the faucet.
• Lastly, turn on the water and open your faucet in order to ensure that the leakage has been repaired properly.
For faucet repair, you need to determine whether you need to call a professional or whether you can repair the faucet on your own. Therefore, if you have all the necessary tools and equipment such as pliers, screwdriver and wrench, you can take up the task on your own. However, it is vital to be equipped with the basic skills of repairing faucets. On the other hand, it is important to confirm the brand of the faulty faucet in order to ensure that you order the right parts. Moreover, you should ensure that you buy quality parts which are highly durable in order to avoid problems in the short run.
However, if you feel that the task will be difficult for you in any way, you can seek the services of a professional plumber to undertake the task of faucet repair. Give us a Call!